Welcome to the Thornlea NoCO2 Project Site

Welcome to the official website for the Thornlea Secondary School, NoCO2 Launcher Project. For first time visitors, please start from the bottom of the blog and read your way up, doing so will allow you to read "up" to where we are today. There is also a convenient Archive of posts on the right sidebar under "Blog Archive". There are options to subscribe to the blog at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy,
-Calvin

Monday, May 6, 2013

I am currently working on the Arduino side of the launcher, so far I have gotten the basic tree, and two buttons. (the captions are below the pictures), by request here are some early pictures (and a more recent one).

 This is an early mock-up

 Quick sketch of how either side will connect to the LED's, this is also the same for the Solenoids (but slightly different in connecting the Arduino to the solenoids. DO NOT USE THIS, there are no resistors, or switches!


 This is a very early mock-up, I couldn't find my breadboards yet. I ended up securing two from school.

 Here is one button working to turn on the red light at the bottom once the tree has counted down.

 A set-up with two buttons


 Re-wired to clean it up a little, disregard the 4016 chip, it's not doing anything. It was planed to use that as a electronic switch to interrupt the firing if the stage or yellow lights were on, however I think I broke it.
A topographic shot of the two button set-up


The next set of pictures (Arduino) will feature the latest code as well, and if my YouTube account will work, I will demonstrate the buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment